Congress has passed permanent legislation which was signed into law by President Obama and allows you to make a completely tax-free charitable contribution from your IRA, providing a wonderful opportunity to support your Reno Phil.
The charitable IRA distribution, allows taxpayers who are 70.5 year of age or older to make tax-free distributions of up to $100,000 per year from a Traditional IRA or Roth IRA (other retirement plans do not apply) directly to the charity.
Here are the basic rules governing charitable distributions:
1) You must be 70.5 years of age.
2) Tax benefits apply for distributions up to $100,000 per person.
3) You can make IRA charitable distributions through December 31.
4) You can use your IRA charitable distribution to make your annual gift or fulfill your current pledge.
1) Instruct your IRA administrator to make a direct distribution to the Reno Philharmonic Association.
2) Instruct your IRA administrator to send the distribution check to the following address:
Reno Philharmonic Association
925 Riverside Drive, Suite 3
Reno, NV 89503
3) Instruct your IRA administrator to identify you as the IRA account owner/donor by including your name and address on its cover letter.
The Reno Philharmonic Association is a registered 501(c)(3) organization in Nevada, tax ID number: 94-2762076
Please consider consulting with your financial planner about how you can meet both your financial and your philanthropic goals.
Each year, the Reno Philharmonic Association relies on community support from individuals, corporations, and foundations for almost one-half of its operating budget, with ticket revenue providing the balance.
Our mission is “To produce inspirational orchestral performances of the highest quality for broad audiences, support exceptional educational and outreach programs.”
Further questions, please contact Jane Raley Development Director at 775-323-6393 x 105